There are so many YouTube videos about accent and dialects these days, but truth be told, a lot of them are hard to sit through. And because of the sheer volume of videos, even the good bits can be difficult to navigate. From people trying to teach an accent, to locals completing an "accent tag", finding golden nuggets is easier said than done.
So today, I round up my favorite accent videos of all time. I had a bit of fun with this, so some of these videos are informative, while others are pure entertainment. With that said, I present to you my Top 5 Accent & Dialect (plus foreign language!) YouTube videos. Let me know which are your favorites, and which videos I missed!
1. A Tour of the British Isles in Accents. Dialect coach Andrew Jack takes us through the sounds of UK & Ireland.
2. Interview with Millen Eve: Truth Yorkshire Accent! A pleasantly adorable example of the North.
3. Hilarious Reaction by Irish Brothers after winning Olympic medal. The video speaks for itself!
4. Accent Tag! New Orleans "Yat" A very matter-of-fact but engaging analysis of a New Orleans "Yat" accent.
5. Cute Girl Tells A Story (French). The perfect example of classic French lip pout.